Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

I haven't done this in a while. But here's another one from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... 56 and cloudy

I am thinking... about all of the things I have to do today. If only I could get motivated enough to start.

I am thankful... that I get to stay at home with my son everyday and watch him grow.

In the kitchen... the dishwasher is running (very loudly) and my son is standing in front of his high chair buckling and unbuckling it. Over and over.

I am wearing... my pajamas still. I know, I know... get dressed already! :)

I am creating... well, it's not really creating, but I am getting ready to paint my old dresser that I have had since I was little.

I am going... to have a play date later in the week with a friend and her two wonderful sons.

I am wondering... why my son is being so quiet... I guess that is my cue to pause this and continue later.

(Later)

I am reading... Parenting Isn't For Cowards by James Dobson

I am hoping... that my house hold goods that still haven't been delivered by the movers will be soon.

I am looking forward to... the long weekend that is coming up.

I am learning... (by trial and lots of error) how to potty train a boy.

Around the house... clothes... everywhere. I was folding them, but N thought they looked better on the floor.

I am pondering... how any stay at home mom ever gets anything done?

A favorite quote for today... "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

One of my favorite things... my sons laugh. One of the happiest sounds I've ever heard.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Paint the dresser
Finish unpacking boxes
Go for a family walk on the trail in our neighborhood
Have a family dinner together every night
Start the potty training routine again
(The last two are more goals... we've really been out of schedule due to the craziness of the move.)

A peek into my day...

He loves wearing dad's clothes and hat. 

2 comments:

  1. Stay at home moms don't get everything done every day. But the important part is that we are here with and for our kids every day, and I think that's pretty special. Glad you are able to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! I feel so lucky that I am able to stay home and just be here to teach him and watch him grow!

    ReplyDelete