Friday, January 31, 2014

Fun Friday Link Party

Did this week take forever or what? I think I spent the whole week asking my husband "What day is it, again?" So now that the weekend is finally here, let's kick it off with a link party!! I'll start.

We moved into our house at the end of November. Since then I have been scouring the internet for a solution to our entryway closet. It's small and messy and cluttered. I recently came across this closet makeover from Shelley at The House Smiths. I think our front entry closet would lend itself perfectly to this makeover. As soon as we get a free weekend, I am totally copying The House of Smiths Entryway Closet Makeover!
 via The House of Smiths
via The House of Smiths

The next project I want to share is pure genius! For those of you with really little kids, I'm sure you'll agree. I don't know about you, but I have stacks of just scribbled-on paper. My kids are so proud of some drawing and I, of course, want to keep it... but it's scribbles. Ya know? It doesn't exactly "match" the decor of your home. ....Or does it? Whitney over at Squash Blossom Babies came up with the most awesome solution I have ever seen! She turns it into artwork!
 via Squash Blossom Babies
via Squash Blossom Babies

One last inspiration. This one comes from Sherry and John over at Young House Love. I've always loved the look of etched glass. And I had a vague notion that a person could do it themselves. I just honestly thought it seemed to hard. I figured it wasn't worth it. But with their easy-to-follow Glass Etching Tutorial they really proved me wrong. In fact, as soon as I find the perfect canisters, I think I'll try my hand at it.
 via Young House Love
via Young House Love

Now it's your turn. What have you been up to? Share your link below!

Feel free to grab a button and let everyone know you linked up!
Miranda Bee

P.S. - If you want to be featured on a Fun Friday Link Party, email me at info@mirandabee.com and send me a link to your post. If I like what I see, you could be up there next Friday! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow - I just love how it gave a whole new feel to the space. Very nece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you complete the entryway project,you'll have to give us before and after pictures. :) I'm going to check out that wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting front closet makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm an architecture student so it was really cool to see how you transformed the closet and the trick with your kids' artwork is just genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Those are what we can really call as art. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Those are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you made that makeover - I wish I can be as creative as you - been trying to redecorate tons of things in my room too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, every picture is an inspiration especially those babies drawing.. They are the Masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete