Friday, March 9, 2012

Party - Sesame Street Style


On Saturday, March 3rd we had N's 2nd Birthday Party (a little early). It was a lot of fun! It was the first one for E. We were stationed apart for his first birthday, so he had to miss that one. 

For this one we did a Sesame Street Party. N LOVES Sesame Street, so I started looking up party ideas. We were inspired most by the adorable party over at Annie's Eats. This party looked incredible and I had to have it! ha ha

I tweaked it a little to make it my own, but I think it turned out well.

We had several families over that my husband works with. And all of the children were so well behaved and got along! :) 

Each character had a food that was themed like them and I had a little character and label for each dish (For some reason I can't find the picture of Elmo, but it was a fish bowl with Goldfish Crackers)


The invitations I sent out.
Thanks to Delight Paperie

Just some simple balloons outside

Balloons leading from the door to the food :)

Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Scrabble Cheez-its

Birdseed Muffins

Homemade Trail Mix in a Silver Bucket (I had to put the bucket inside a bigger bowl cause I didn't realize I made so much!

Bert loves his Oatmeal!

N took the label and the character, but this was Cookie Monster, obviously. They were all homemade from scratch: Chocolate Chip, Oreos, and Lofthouse Cookies

Fruit Skewers

Fruit Punch with Blue Koolaid for color and I had little rubber duckies floating in it

I had 2 or 3 types of salad

A simple veggie tray

Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting on my Homemade Cupcake Tower 
The party favor bags I made (then forgot to hand out!) 


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love the Sesame Street theme! My twins are going to be 2 in July and they love Sesame Street. We just took them to Sesame Street Live last a few weekends ago. So happy you enjoyed the Lofthouse Cookies, they are addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete