Thursday, March 6, 2014

Entryway Closet Progress

On my Fun Friday Link Party a few weeks ago, I shared this Entryway Makeover and talked about how I would love to do something similar to the closet in our entryway. Well, I've finally started! It's almost done... and when it is, I promise I'll do a big reveal! But, for now, let me show you where we're at so far with it.


First, I emptied out the closet. Then, I took the shelf and rod out.

I taped up the trim and laid down a drop cloth.

I painted with a layer of white primer first. I only did one coat, but it was enough to cover the tan that was on the wall.

Then, after the white primer dried, I painted with my chosen color. I used Sea Glass by Martha Stewart from Home Depot. I painted a total of 3 coats to get the exact color I wanted.

 The only hiccup I had was the fact that on the right side there is no door jam. It's just straight wall. So I had to decide how I was going to paint that. I think I like the way it turned out, though.

That's the closet, so far! Stay tuned to see the reveal in the coming weeks! I have a couple different projects going on right now, so be patient! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment