Sunday, October 14, 2012

Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili Glaze

Every pregnancy I have one or two foods that I just can't stand. The sight, smell, or even thought of them make me sick. And that is throughout the whole pregnancy. Last pregnancy it was Gyros (though, I blame that on E for making me be trapped in the car with him while he ate on from The Mad Greek Cafe on our trip from California to Colorado). But I digress. The point is, that this pregnancy it's shell fish. And I normally love crab legs and enjoy shrimp and lobster occasionally too. So, imagine my disappointment to discover that with this pregnancy, I can't even be around it.

Luckily, this doesn't apply equally to all seafood. For example, I have been craving salmon lately.

So, when I found a recipe that combined that craving with my love of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that has been floating around Pinterest, I was excited to try it. I changed a few things to make it our own and now it has become one of the favorite and most requested meals in our house. Here it is: Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili Glaze. It's a very simple recipe. It only takes a few steps.

*(NOTE: In my personal case I doubled this recipe.)

Cut your salmon into filets. The size depends on your preference. You can also, of course, buy salmon that's already cut.

Then, mix the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl.
My favorite Teriyaki Sauce is Mr. Yoshida's Original Flavor, but use whatever you like best.

Set some of the marinade aside and put the rest in a pan (or bowl or bag) with the salmon and marinate for about an hour.

While the salmon is marinating, add the peanut butter to the sauce you set aside. Mix it well. If you're allergic or simply don't like peanut butter, you can skip this step. I like the hint of peanut butter flavor when I add the sauce to the cooked salmon, but it's not necessary.

When your salmon is done marinating, place it onto a baking sheet. Discard the marinade. Then broil the salmon for 10-15 minutes, or until it's done.

I garnished mine with toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and some of my extra sauce from earlier. I served it over brown rice with Asian style roasted veggies.


print recipe


Broiled Salmon eith Thai Sweet Chili Glaze By , February 7, 2015
Simple, delicious recipe. Perfect for pairing with brown rice and roasted vegetables. Can also be modified for chicken. Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
  • 4 Salmon Filets (6oz each)
  • 6 Tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (optional)
  • Green Onions for Garnish (optional)
  • Toasted Sesame Seeds for Garnish (optional)
Recipe Instructions

  1. Cut your salmon into filets, if not already done.
  2. Mix the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl. Set some of the marinade aside and marinate salmon in the rest for at least an hour.
  3. OPTIONAL: While the salmon is marinating, add the peanut butter to the sauce you set aside. Mix it well.
  4. When your salmon is done marinating, place it onto a baking sheet. Discard the marinade. Then broil the salmon for 10-15 minutes, or until it's done.
  5. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds or green onion, if desired. Serve.


So, have you tried it yet? How was it? What would you do differently? If you haven't tried it; will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment