Monday, February 25, 2013

Muffin Tin Monday - "The Arctic"


I'll be honest. It was a hard MTM for me this week. I wasn't sure what to do for "Arctic".

Let me give you a glimpse into my thought process as I mulled over ideas for this MTM -- "Ok. Snow... I know! Coconut!... No, N won't eat that. How about cottage cheese!... No, he won't eat that either. Well let's move on. I could do a sandwhich. In the shape of.... an igloo! Great! Wait... I don't have an igloo press. Ok a penguin! Nope... don't have one of those either!"

It went on like that for days. I was starting to get discouraged. Then by an amazing stroke of luck, I was strolling through the store yesterday, not even thinking about it and I saw a Penguin sandwhich press! It got me pumped. Excited. Re-energized. I thought I'd give the brain storming another go. That's when I came up with this. Now, it's not perfect. But I'm still preeeeetty proud of myself! ;)

TOP ROW:
Snow (Cubed Cheese)
Penguin Food (Goldfish)
Melted Snow (Milk) -- I thought about dying it blue, but wasn't sure N would drink it.

BOTTOM ROW:
Water (Blueberry Yogurt with Blue Food Coloring)
Penguins (PB&J Sandwhich)
Igloos (Apple Slices I cut into shape) -- I only wish I had some food safe markers to draw on them!



To see more "Arctic" themed Muffin Tin Meals, head on over to Another Lunch:
anotherlunch.com


5 comments:

  1. Thank you! My son is only 3, so this is just a preschooler home lunch. I am not sure about the food dye, but haven't noticed a change in my son's behavior when I use them. Though, I wasn't aware it was a possibility... so I will have to keep an eye out and see if I notice a difference!! Polar Bear Pizzas is a GREAT idea!! I can't believe I didn't think of something like that! lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penguin food, that's too cute!

    See mine here: http://thebrumstead.blogspot.com/2013/02/muffin-tin-monday-arctic-sort-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome! I'm regularly inspired by products I stumble across, just like that. Thanks for playing along for Muffin Tin Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Muffin Tin Monday (granted a little late). I just love your muffin tin. What a stroke of luck finding the penguin press. Such great food selections in this tin. I didn't do Arctic as we just started our D unit, but I have been amazed at everyone's tins.

    ReplyDelete