Thursday, August 22, 2013

Budgeting & Bill Binder


About 4 or 5 months ago, I was out of town for a few days. I happened to be gone on the 15th, meaning that my husband had to pay the bills. I will just say this right now: It was a disaster. I was so disorganized that I didn't know where any of the papers were! There was a lot of me saying "No, wait, look on my desk. Under the pile to the right. No, no. It wouldn't be there. Ok, check in the kitchen in the drawer by the coffee maker." I just have to say, kudos to my husband. He just patiently tracked everything down and all the bills were paid on time! ;)

After that, I decided it was time for me to get my act together! I wanted to create ONE location for all of our bills. Thus, the Bill Binder was born.

Once I started, I realized that putting a Bill Binder together wasn't all that difficult or time consuming. I still don't know why I hadn't done it sooner! 

All I had to do was get a 1 inch binder, some pocketed tabs, and the printables. Here is where I got the Binder and the Pocketed Tabs.

I have a section for our budget, one for the checklist, and one for each bill that I pay. Here are the forms that I use:


I got the Binder cover page from MommyEdwards and made it my own.


I got the Checklist from Organizing Homelife.


Click Here for this Printable.

I got the Monthly Cash Flow Plan from Dave Ramsey. If you aren't already familiar with him, do it now!
Simply print these forms, put them in your binder along with your pocketed tabs for records/receipts, and fill them out according to your bills/budget! 

If this worked for you (or if you have a better system), I'd love to hear about it in the comments!




***Affiliate Disclosure***
I am so grateful to be able to share my content with you for free. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a small referral commission. Thank you for your support by purchasing through these links. It enables me to keep my blog available to you, free of charge!

1 comment: