Monday, September 9, 2013

World's Best Baklava

I don't want to brag or anything, but I make a mean Baklava! Seriously, I get asked for the recipe just about every time I serve it. But, you know what? Finally, I am sharing the love. I have been meaning to post the recipe for a long time. So try it for yourself and let me know if the title is accurate!








print recipe

World's Best Baklava
I get asked for this recipe just about every time I serve it. But, you know what? Finally, I am sharing the love.
Ingredients
  • 1 package Fillo Dough
  • 1/2 pound Walnuts
  • 1/2 pound Shelled Pistachios
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 stick Unsalted Butter
  • Pastry Brush
  • Honey
Instructions
1. Set Fillo Dough out and let it come to room temperature.2. Finely chop the nuts and combine them in a bowl with Cinnamon and Sugar. Set the bowl aside for now.3. Melt the stick of butter and, using a pastry brush, butter the bottom of a 9X13 glass casserole dish.4. Lay a sheet of the dough down and brush butter on it thoroughly. Repeat until you have 6-8 layers.5. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture on top and lay 2 more sheets of dough down, buttering in between like you did with the others.6. Add the other half of the nut mixture, except for 2-3 Tablespoons. Continue layering 6-8 more sheets of Fillo Dough, buttering in between.7. Preheat oven to 350°F8. Cut the Baklava into triangles, making sure to cut through all layers and sprinkle the remaining nut mixture on top.9. Bake for 40 minutes, liberally add honey onto the Baklava and bake 5 more minutes.OPTIONAL: Best if it is allowed to sit overnight before serving. Serve in cupcake papers.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: About 40 Triangles

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, believe me in my life I didn't see this kind of baklava yet. It's looking so yummy and tasty I really want to eat this at any cost. Also you can start baklava online order which is very famous right now. And I am suggesting you because I have already started this business and get very well profit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!!!! the definitive coffee guide

    ReplyDelete